Renaut Scenic Heater

The heater on my 1998 Renault Scenic dti is only producing a trickle of hot air....brrrrr! I've managed to track down an electrically operated valve on the engine end (conveniently located right at the back of the engine where you can't see it!) of the lower water pipe leading through the bulkhead to the heater matrix. I've also traced the wiring from this valve to a relay in the engine-compartment-mounted relay box. Basically, the relay isn't getting activated. When I force the relay on, by earthing the "earthy" end of the relay coil, the valve operates ok, and lots of lovely hot water flows through the heater matrix.....ahhhh! What I can't find is what is meant to be operating this relay! Can anyone point me in the right direction ? Is it meant to be getting a signal from a thermostat somewhere, or is it a simple switch connected in some way with the heater controls ? I've searched the group, but can't find any answers that have already been posted.

Any info gratefully received!

Thanks Splodge

Reply to
Splodge