Tough paint

How long do you suppose the Tesla paintwork will survive in outer space?

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Who cares?

We should stop giving his Ponzi scheme airtime. He's living out his bond villian fantasies with other people's money - it'll end in tears, I tell you!

Reply to
Steve H

Longer than the camera sensor!

Reply to
newshound

Apparently solar wind and cosmic particles will break all the carbon-carbon and carbon-hydrogen bonds after about a year.

All the plastic, carbon-fibre and upholstery will disintegrate pretty quickly leaving just the metal and ?glass.

I don't suppose they bothered to fill the tyres with nitrogen either.

And if the stereo is blasting out David Bowie, how would we know out there in a vacuum ?.

Reply to
Andrew

Surprised if it is as bad as that (not that I have any data), but satellites last ten years or more and must have plenty of polymers and elastomers. Obviously, they can and presumably do shield memory and microprocessors, but you can't shield solar panel wiring, etc. (Unless that is all strung on ceramic insulators).

Reply to
newshound