track rod end on pug 205D

Any tips for getting a really rusted one off? I've doused it in some fancy yank oil based stuff highly recommended as better than Plus Gas, called Tool Box Buddy. It'll sit with that stuff on overnight, then I'll probably reach for the PlusGas and blowtorch in the morning. Not looking forward to the weather though.......

Reply to
Taz

gas axe ? Angly grinder ? (only kidding :) ))

Reply to
srp

I've seen it, and I'm not kidding. Both of the above are in the mix.

Reply to
Taz

Blowtorch. The oxy/Mapp gas ones aren't bad for infrequent work but you'll want a new trackrod end afterwards.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Well - got the new one on. Had to hacksaw the old one off, but it came off cleanly after that. Bonus was it kept me warm. Now to get the tracking done.....

Reply to
Taz