Tracking

How much would I expect to pay for one run of the mill tyre (doesnt need to be formula 1 type)and tracking to be done on a renault scenic. Would I also be better going to a little garage or the likes of quik flit? In the north west if it makes a difference. Pete

Reply to
PeteZahut

Around £30-£100 for tyre depending on whether you go budget or branded. Tracking is usually £20-£30 but most places will do a free alignment check.

Better going to local tyre company because a little garage won't get the discounts and Thick Gits, as well as trying to sell you replacements for every removable part on the car, charge too much.

Reply to
Conor

I don't know prices around your area but I would avoid both little garages and KwikFit. Go to an independent tyre place instead.

Alan

Reply to
Alan

About £100 in total if the tracking is out (a lot of places don't charge unless they need to adjust it) and you get good brand name rubber, £70-80 with decent budget brand rubber. I would recommend an independent place if you have any friends with quick cars ask them where they go as they will probably getting through rubber at quite a rate so know places well.

Reply to
Depresion

Just had two new tyres and tracking done for 150 quid at an independent tyre company. Tracking was 25 quid.

Reply to
pb

Thanks for the advice guys, just got a new sporty dunlop tyre (looks the same as every other tyre to me), boss wasnt around and his son didnt have a cheap to mid range tyre available. He said they grip the road better under speed (obviously a boy racer). Now I can zoom around like a nutter on my front left tyre while still going conservatively on the other three. Tracking was only slightly out but enought to make a difference. Grand total spent of £55. I was impressed. Pete

Reply to
PeteZahut

Sounds like a good price.

Reply to
Depresion

Hmmm, should make for some creative driving techniques then ;-)

Reply to
Taz

I think that lad was right, just done a 300 mile motorway trip and my front wheels got there first, only by about 7 feet but they still won the race. Think i'll go and buy another one of those tyres now. :) Pete

Reply to
PeteZahut