Alarm advice please!

I have just bought a renault scenic which has cenral locking, immobiliser but no alarm. Ideally because im a lazy so and so, i'd like to make the central locking remote but dont want to pay renaults prices to upgrade the system so was looking at buying an alarm with central locking interface. Any ideas as to which is a good one, cheaper the better. ? Also one which is easy to fit, the central locking can only be worked from the drivers door, dont knwo if that makes a difference but i've told you anyway. Thanks a million Pete

Reply to
Pete Zahut

Dunno your car, but some older ones that could only be locked from the driver's door had no motor in it - just a switch. So to have remote locking you had to add a motor to that unit, as well as the remote device.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Thanks Dave, does anyone know about this car in particular?

Reply to
Pete Zahut

I don't have knowledge about your car, but on older Volvos 240/740 I know you can modify it by using a motor from the passenger front door in the drivers door. It fits upside down.

Reply to
Stuart Gray