Tranny at idle

Something I discovered today during a power blackout. I was using the Tranny as a power source for a 1kW inverter and had it at idle for some hours. When I came to turn it off, I noticed the trip meter was reading 4.9. Now this was odd, because I'd refilled the van yesterday and forgot to zero it then, so I did it today at the start of this exercise. An hour or so later I went out to check on it and it was showing 1.3miles. Very odd, I thought. I zeroed it again and at the end of the blackout, it was reading, as above, 4.9. The 4.9 + 1.3 is almost exactly the length of time it was sitting doing this job, ie, 6.2 hours.

I didn't know Ford trip meters functioned as hours run meters at idle.

There's a thing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon