VW 1.6 FSI Engines

Considering buying a VW Jetta (new) with the 1.6 FSI engine at a heavily discounted price from a VW Dealer I buy my new cars ( I usually get a Polo Diesel every 3 years.

I know it is going to cost more to run, but are there any known mechanical issues with this engine/car?

I'm not on about performance in the Jetta (I know it's not the fastest car in it's class)

Thanks

Reply to
Clive Sinclair

Avoid.

The 1.6FSI is a discontinued model, which was briefly brought back into the range when they ran out of 1.4 TSI engines.

They were never the last word in power, refinement or reliability and have horrendous fuel consumption for what they are, especially compared with the replacement 1.4 TSI.

Reply to
SteveH

Bloody awful to be fair from a reliability point of view. They wouldnt run in true lean burn mode on our fuel either.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

VW in general are only more reliable when compared to human relationships and not other vehicles. In fact 50% of car makers have better reliability than VW overall on new car and S/H stats, so VW are distinctly average. Average is the grey world of the sadly mundane, I recommend you to seek out better than average.

Reply to
Peter Hill