Tyres? Replacement options?

Need to replace all my 4 tyres - 195/50 R15 - any ideas please bearing in mind that most motoring is chugging around locally (unfortunately) with a few motorway runs each year? It seems that there are shedloads of cheap tyres that appear to be general purpose so not sure what to go for. Need fitting,balancing etc so internet delivery only firms are not an option. Also any ideas of alloy refurbishing firms in HULL area. Thanks......

Reply to
BoPeep

will deliver to First Stop on Stoneferry who will fit for

6 quid per tyre all in. Cheapest is about 25 quid, but you can get pirelli etc for 30 quid, don't bother saving the fiver...
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

interesting site, although it seems they charge almost £13 per wheel to fit alloy rim plus disposal of old tyres ;-)

I love that bit on the site where they say:- If you have difficulties finding a Mounting Partner, please send e-mail to snipped-for-privacy@delti.com or call 0800 3286532 (free).

oh er!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
BoPeep

Highly recommended company though! Got my Michelin PS2's (275/35ZR18's) from them when no-one else said they could! They appeared 2 days after ordering!!!

Justin.

Reply to
Justin Cole

I've used them a couple of times too, and have been very impressed with price and delivery times!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

My brother bought a set of Colway remoulds for his elderly BMW which uses expensive metric tyres and he's delighted with them. Says the grip is the equal of any other tyres he's had on it and they were a fraction of the price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "Dave Plowman (News)" contains these words:

I've had Colway remoulds before and been very happy with them except they wear quickly.

Reply to
Guy King

The name, eTyres, appeared a few times as recommended fitter in another newsgroup; they come to you; balancing is inclusive.

In April, 2000, the "Which" magazine had a comparative survey on tyres. It concluded:

For 175/70 R13 tyres:

1) Continental ContiEcoContact EP - particularly good in the wet; 2) Michelin Energy XT1 - particularly low rolling resistance, good grip in both dry and wet conditions.

For 195/65 R15 tyres:

1) Dunlop Sport SP 200E - top marks in dry, lasted longer than the rest; 2) Goodyear Eagle Ventura - best of the lot in wet; 3) Vredestein Sportrac - did well in all categories, also reasonably priced like the 2 above; not as widely available, probably need to be ordered; 4) Michelin Energy XV1 - low rolling resistance; 5) Pirelli P 6000 Powergy - did very well in the dry.
Reply to
Lin Chung

Putting that info together with the Auto Express 2004 196/65R15 tyre test of

15 brands............ These are quite involved tests, 6 different categories for wet performance.

No doubt about no.1 in the dry.........Continental PremiumContact best for braking, handling, rolling resistance. 4th in the wet. No.1 in the wet ................................Vredestein Sportrac2. Also very good in the dry, 2nd to Continental.

Those tested were Vredestein Sportrac2 (Best Buy) Goodyear Hydragrip Barum Bravuris (Best budget buy) Uniroyal Rallye 550 Continental PremiumContact (I use these on a Nissan Primera, best I've had) Kumho Ecsta KH11 Fulda Carat Attiro Dunlop SP Sport 01 Michelin Pilot Premacy Avon ZV3 Firestone Firehawk TZ200 Yokohama C.Drive CEAT Tornado Bridgestone Turanza ER30 Toyo Roadpro 610

Reply to
SteveB

Yup, got my Goodyear Eagle F1s from there only took a couple of days (they come from Germany!) I just took them to the local ATS who fitted/balanced/valved/disposed for £10 a pop, saved £££s over any local price and well impressed with the tyres.

Check out the survey results on

for reviews of different tyres.

Zimmy