Update on mk4 golf knocking

Sometimes at pull of there is a slight clunk\knock and also in reverse. I'm purely guessing it could be the wishbone bushes, drop link bushes aor arb bushes or something else ? How do I go about diagnosing or rulling each of these out as it might get expensive replacing all of these :) Appreciate any advice on how to do this. Thanks p.s. to add it sounds like its mainly coming from the passenger front side.

Added stuff:

Jacked the car up, wobbled the passenger front wheel up and down, little to no movement, left and right and there is movement and a knock sound! ...does this indicate its the wishbone bushes ? they did look a bit worn, from wobbling it it sounded like the noises was coming from the balljoiint area.

Driver side, was ok wobbling it up and down and left and right produced a noticeable bit of movement and a weak knock not like the passenger side.

The ARB-bush on both side had a gap of 3mm on the inside of the bush a noticeable gap where it should obviously be a tigh snug fit.

So I guess it the mystery noise is down to worn bushes,\ball joint, and ARB bushes. Not sure which the exact cuplrit is but there all worn as hell.

.. I had a look at the location of the arb bushes and there is very little room to undo the. I think its about a 10/11mm bolt I was thinking if I can find a socket thats a bit higher than normal I may be able to do it like that.

Reply to
Peter smith