mk4 golf n/s engine\gearbox mount

The rubber bush in the engine mount or gearbox mount its the mount bolted onto the gearbox on the passenger side behind the battery box and just above the wiring loom trunking.

I noticed the bush is half destroyed and movement is alot and causing a knock on hard slow or accelerting hard and braking.`

The part number is 1J0 199 555 AK and is £51!! and is sold as one part you can't just buy the bush tsk typical!

I guess when I undo the bolt that side of the engine gearbox area will drop so I will have to jack it up a bit on the gearbox?

unbolt it all, new one on bolt back up ?

Please have some mercy on myalready scraped hands that this is a simple job.:)

Reply to
Peter smith

Eurocarparts also sell them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

is this the one where the plastic wiring loom cover runs across the top of it ?

Reply to
reg

I rung them and said out of stock for a week aprantly. BUT I just checked GSF who have it in stock for £27.50 + vat so will go with that mount is a mount to me :).

Reply to
Peter smith

Thats the sucker reg! ... to be fair looks simpler than the drivers side.

Reply to
Peter smith

easy job, if you unclip the wiring loom cover it will reveal a hole to undo one of the mounting bolts saves having to lift all the loom up to access the bolt.

Reply to
reg