mk4 golf knock

Back on the hunt for the knocking noise.

When I wobble the wheel left to right the knock is audible, is this likely to be the wishbone bushes or the anti roll bar bush ?

I had the wheel off, and had a look at the wishbone which didn't look too bad form first look without taking it out. Still I guess it could be the front bush or the balljoint possibly making the noise ?

I'm being really cheap here as I bought a new wishbone for both sides with balljoint serpately and was hoping to pin point the noise and just return the unsused item.

Any ideas.

I'll have another go tommorow and see where I get in finding it.

Reply to
Dubber

Well once you get the wishbone off it's obvious if the ball joint just flops about that it's knackered, until you disconnect it from the strut you can't really tell without a lot of practice as it's all sprung loaded.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

and of course it may be track rod end or worn steering rack or mounts (if it has them)

Reply to
Mrcheerful

All so the ball joint is mean't to be no floppy like, I've made a note of that (ameteur alert) :) .., sods law it chucking down with rain so I can't get outside to have a look.

Reply to
Dubber

I could live with the wishbones, or trackrod end as there quite cheap but the steering racking is near £200 and a bit out of my league of a job I think. Not sure I could even change it whilst on the floor.

I guess as Duncan said I won't know till I take take the wishbonebone off.

Reply to
Dubber

Well it's supposed to move.

Reply to