Vaux Nova 1.2

When starting from cold, without touching the throttle, I turn the key and following a couple of turns the engine fires up. If I don't touch the throttle and let it run for a few minutes engine runs fine.

If I blip the throttle, just after it has started, the engine dies and it then takes maybe 10/15 turns to get it started again. The if I then run the engine up to normal temp and stop it, it takes another 10/15 turns to get it going again.

I have changed plugs, leads, dist cap, rotor and coil plus the vacuum sensor.

The Nova has an ECU system with an O2 sensor fitted into the exhaust manifold. Could the sensor be the problem.

Reply to
Toy

Also sprach "Toy" :-

Why would you let an engine idle for several minutes from cold? It's a really narsty thing to do to a poor unsuspecting engine, not to mention being bad for the environment. When I lived in Hounslow I used to hate people doing it on a cold winter's morning 'cos the fumes wafted up through our bedroom window.

Reply to
Guy King