Vauxhall Brake Wear Sensors

I've heard these can be a dog, up till now no probs....but.

My MK3 Cav had the brake wear warning come on yesterday - so today I checked the pads - loads of life left, sensors well clear of discs. I also removed the sensors from the loom, cleaned the connections and refitted them - light remains on.

Any ideas or any electrical checks possible to ascertain if it is the sensors or somthing "higher up" the circuit ( what is there anyway? )

Thanks

Ian

Reply to
IanDTurner

Dunno the Vauxhall circuit, but many of these 'latch' on and don't go out immediately after the short is removed. On a BMW, you have to leave the ignition on without the engine running for a couple of minutes to re-set the circuit after replacing pads and sensors, etc.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

On my Xantia one of the front pad wear sensor wires broke loose of it's little clip and rubbed against the disc. This made the little light flicker a bit...

-- James

Reply to
James

Checked the fluid level ? - This can also cause the light to come on in most makes.

Graham

Reply to
Graham