Vauxhall ECU Fault

Mother in law has a W plate 1.216v Agila. The engine management warning light is on. Local vauxhall dealer have said ECU needs replacing and identified fault code P0141. ECU is over =A3500. Anyone have any other suggestions before we go ahead?

Reply to
alan

Why does the dealer suggest the ECU is faulty? What is the actual code he is reading?

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

yes do not let them replace it because the code P0141 is the lamba sensor in the exhaust under neith the car just behind the cat it should cost no more than about £85 to fix

Reply to
aussie bongo

P0141 code is: O2 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

A replacement is likely to cost you under £100. DIY is not difficult.

Lin Chung

At this point I think naming and shaming the dealer in question would be good. If it is indeed just a sensor fault, advising somebody to replace the ECU is appalling practice, possibly even fraud.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

That reads like a standard OBD code and relates to the oxygen sensor.

I'd have it checked at a decent independant garage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Maybe the O2 sensor is working but the sensor input on the ECU is knackered? - hopefully not, but it's the only way the VX dealer's diagnosis makes sense. I secoond dave's suggestion to ge tit chekced out at a decent independant first.

Reply to
airsmoothed

If it does turn out to be the ECU at fault, I've no doubt this Co can supply one cheaper.

AFAIK for a small fee they'll check the one you have.Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Or maybe get Trading Standards to come with you to the independent then all go and revisit the main dealer...

Reply to
PC Paul