Vectra A/C Problem

Hi new to the forum so please be gentle with me. I have seen a few postings for A/C problems with vectras and I reackon that I have low gas in the system on my 2001 CDX with Climate control.

Trouble is that since the A/C stopped working the air into the car blows very hot irrespective of the setting on the A/C. I know I won't get it cold in the car but its as though the heater is on full blast all of the time. I have had to close off the vents and it still gets warm.

I think that this is a sepreate fault but it seems to have happened at the same time - any ideas at all?

Many Thanks

Barry

Reply to
Bazza1400

Sounds like it's only one fault. Chances are it's a faulty temp sensor, or a faulty actuator. Only way to find out is with a diagnostic check.

The air con may also be low on gas, but that's not your main problem.

Reply to
M Cuthill