Vectra boost pressure take-off location?

Hi,

Could anyone tell me where the boost pressure sensor is on a 2 litre Vectra Ecotec diesel turbo engine please. There is a sensor at the right hand end of the upper manifold which pushes into a hole of about

3/8 inch diameter but I can't tell whether that is temperature or pressure sensing. It has a flat 3 pin connector but no diaphragm-like flexible component. I do not know what it should look like.

I am suspicious that the waste-gate valve is opening later (or not at all) than before and perhaps the turbo revs and manifold pressure are too high. The sound of the turbo seems much higher pitched at some conditions than others - especially when hot.

Is there a take off point on the inlet system to which I could attach a small bore pipe to a pressure guage so that I could monitor the boost pressure while driving on a temporary basis for a few miles. I believe it is supposed to be 1 bar on the DTH high pressure turbo version (that's the one with the intercooler).

I am sure someone out there must have worked on them. If the pressure remains clipped at 1 bar, I could forget the whole issue, But if not I could look for trouble at the solenoid. The vacuum pull off actuator seems to be working O.K. I can suck that open. It might also be the pressure sensor wherever that is. No ECU light has been coming on or anything.

As usual your experienced comments regarding the Vectra are welcome and due respect to those kind enough to advise.

Tony.

Reply to
Tony

The sensor you are referring to is the boost pressure sensor.

As far as I know, there is no other take off points at which you can measure the boost pressure with the pressure sensor in place. All measurements I have carried out previously have been using the TECH2 diagnostic computer. I have experienced similar symptoms to what you are describing, but in that case the EM light was on, and performance was flat. This was down to a faulty boost pressure sensor that was reporting a reading of 3bar instead of

1!!

HTH

Anthony Remove eight from email to reply.

Reply to
Anthony Britt

Thanks for your reply. I thought that if it wasn't too dear, I would just replace the above sensor and se if that cured my problems. However, I was quoted 117 Euros by the local Opel Agent so I will devise some other tests first.

Tony.

Reply to
Tony