Oil Filter - what is this one?

Evening..

I need to replace an oil filter fitted to a remote adaptor; the one fitted is a Unipart GFE3. Any idea what it is actually used on, as my local store doesn't recognise the number..

Thanks

Reply to
Phil Howard

local store

It might be a GFE1003? You are certainly missing at least two digits from your part number.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Nope...It's definately GFE3. I did have a think about when I used to have a Dolomite and used a single number GFE filter..I think it may be one of their "high performance universal fit) ones, but any ideas what the thread/normal fitment of one of these may be?

Reply to
Phil Howard

thread/normal

Although my catalogue is not quite up to date, I have used the cross reference section which lists all current [in '99] Unipart filters and there is no 3. They start at 1003 to 1013, 103 etc. Unipart appear not to have a single filter, let alone a sequence of filters, starting with the number 3 followed by no, or any other numbers. Plenty of choice where 3 makes up the second third or fourth number in the part number sequence of a filter.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Phil Howard"

thread/normal

Although my catalogue is not quite up to date, I have used the cross reference section which lists all current [in '99] Unipart filters and there is no 3. They start at 1003 to 1013, 103 etc. Unipart appear not to have a single filter, let alone a sequence of filters, starting with the number 3 followed by no, or any other numbers. Plenty of choice where 3 makes up the second third or fourth number in the part number sequence of a filter.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

"Phil Howard" schreef in bericht news:bVRWa.15260$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net...

reference fx0019 and used in austin maestro and montego and alot of ford petrol engines. geert

Reply to
geert

Many Thanks Geert.

Phil