VW Golf CV joint change

Hi, my son's Mk3 golf (94) offside cv joint is making a bit of a racket, rubber boot has split, no grease inside. What's the best way to replace the cv joint? Do I have to undo the suspension mounting bolts, bottom wishbone joint and steering track rod end or will there be enough movement just removing track rod end? Can I leave the inner transmission end of the driveshaft connected or do I have to completely remove the whole assembly? Constructive advice would be appreciated! I'm planning on supervising my son losing his knuckles as I've left plenty of skin behind years ago on Mini CV's!

thanks,

David

Reply to
David