VW Sharan auto to manual conversion

Is this a reasonably possible job? its a 1997 1.9tdi.

auto box is wrecked, fed up with it, prefer a manual!

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

The message from "R.P.McMurphy" contains these words:

I suspect you'll find there's a hell of a lot to it.

For a start it's not just changing the box, you can almost guarantee the engine management system and wiring looms will be different. Then there's the pedals, of course, and the gear selector. The drive-shafts may be different, on some cars the suspension and brakes are even different.

Flog it and buy the manual you want. Though personally I'd not go back to a car I have to row along the road.

Reply to
Guy King