auto to manual

just like to know if it is a big job changeing gear box over from auto to manual and any info to whats changes to do .

thanks donald

Reply to
dobby

manual and any info to whats changes to do .

What vehicle?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

On or around Thu, 11 Sep 2003 23:10:09 +0100, "dobby" enlightened us thusly:

bigger job than the other way around...

ideally, you want a manual vehicle as a donor, to get all the necessary bits. If it's the same sort of age, it'd be even better.

Depending on the vehicle... you're likely to want gearbox mounting plates, clutch pedal and associated mountings, and you nay have to move mounting positions on the chassis.

If you're trying to do something which the factory didn't do (although land-rover-wise, I can't think of any auto-to-manual for which that'd apply) then you may end up fabricating stuff.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

What auto gearbox is it (4 speed / 3 Speed)? Is it in good condition? If so how much?

Brian Tonks

manual and any info to whats changes to do .

Reply to
Tonks4x4

On or around Sat, 13 Sep 2003 09:09:13 +0100, "Tonks4x4" enlightened us thusly:

Just replaced the 4-speed ZF in mine with a second hand one. 450 notes, but it was with the BW-type transfer box, as well. I was quoted 250 for a

4-speeder by itself.
Reply to
Austin Shackles