VW Touran Climate Control Gremlin - Lack of "Umph and air" - Any advice please.

Dear all,

I have a 05 Plate 2.0 TDi VW Touran Sport (7 seat with DSG Box). From start up all is well but I have noticed that after a short while the Climate control / Ventilation system appears to reduce considerably the amount of air coming out of all the vents - ALL BY ITSELF !, even when NOT set in "AUTO" mode.

When this happens, and upon turning the fan speed to maximum to try and get some air flowing out of the vents, there appears to be a slight increase in vent noise but no increase in flow out of the vents. It almost feels as it there is something restricting the air flow (the air recirculation switch in NOT on, but makes no difference.) I supect the fan is behind the drivers airbag / bulkhead area as this appears to be where the noise is, and its not visible from inside the engine bay.

I have found that turning the whole system off, give it a second, and then back on again solves the problem as hey presto the air starts to flow as normal. It then however takes 5 or 10 mins (sometimes a few mins) to revert back to the very poor flow rate (that poor that you sometimes have to open a window !

Any suggestions as what could be the probable cause ???????

Thanks in advance, Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Why worry about it? - the car is still under warranty. Take it back to your local dealer and ask them to fix it.

It appears they can do a software reset on the system to get the efficiency back - I've just had mine reset and re-gassed today - it's back to being able to frost up the inside of the windscreen again.

Reply to
SteveH

Probably a sticking air flap in the dash somewhere- they are motorised. This would throw up a fault code on the dealer diag equipment or VAG-COM.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Romeo'

Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark

Cheers for that - I was not sure what the "Warranty" covers ?, and if the dealer would try to wriggle out of it ! ?

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Well, you're still covered by the manufacturers warranty.

I think you'll be fine, 'cos my reset and re-gas was shown as a warranty repair when they did it.

Reply to
SteveH

Got Touran back today - apparently the Climate control system did "have its Knickers in a twist" and the did a system reset, All working fine now :)

Thanks all.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes