VW Touran Climate Control problem.

Hi there.

I have an 05 plate Touran (2.0 Tdi Sport). I have noticed, particularly on long journeys, there appears to be less and less air over time coming out of the vents.

It gets to a point where I have switched it out of "Auto" mode and set the fan to FULL speed and both temps to 16 Degrees withour any significant air flow dispite hearing the fan behind the dash trying to blow the air without any noticable results ? (I don't feel it blowing anywhere else.

When the car is then left with ignition off for a few mins it appears to work again with LOTS of air coming out of the vents. Then over a short time it then reverts back to its rather astmatic efforts.

Ocasionally turning teh AC compressor off and on again sometimes resets it, as does setting teh temp to LO, but both of these are not a guarantee to get it funtioning as it should.

It appears as if the main flow is being restricted by something over time ? Dealer has looked at it and NO fault codes recorded !!

It has 1 month left on VAG warranty, so it's booked in for a longer look !

Any thoughts as to what this problem could be ?

Thanks in advance. Andy

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

when was the pollen filter last replaced?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

It was probably done at last Service by VAG ? I have had the car from new and always services when required.

I am unsure as to how this could be the cause of restricted aitflow over time ?, which then goes away then car has rested for a while ? But, I am open to suggestions ?

It feels as though some "Flap" is not fully letting the air through, which sometimes the resets itself.

Where is the Pollen filter ? I can check to see if it looks nice and clean ? ot has been correctly fitted ?

Any thoughts ?

Thanks, Andy.

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

They do suffer from sticking flaps, if you pull the fault codes from the= =

aircon it should tell you.

Duncan Wood

snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com expressed precisely :

I know nothing about the Touran, however...

Could the coil/fins of the unit be freezing up and blocking the flow?

There is supposed to be a sensor on the fins to sense the temperature and turn the compressor off if they get too cold and start to ice up. If that sensor has failed or giving a spurious reading...

That would fit in with your turning the a/c off, it defrosting and your then getting airflow again. Is there a large pool of water appearing under it, when you stop and after the air flow has dimished?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :

dimished = diminished = when the air flow problem has appeared during the run.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield