VW Transporter T4 rear brakes

Hi,

Have problem with VW Transporter 1999 1.9 turbo diesel. I cannot retract the rear brake pistons far enough to fit the new brake pads. Does the piston need to be in a certain position because of the handbrake linkage???

thanks,

Reply to
James

Hi,

Have problem with VW Transporter 1999 1.9 turbo diesel. I cannot retract the rear brake pistons far enough to fit the new brake pads. Does the piston need to be in a certain position because of the handbrake linkage???

thanks,

Reply to
James

The piston has to be wound back in. If you look at it, there should be some form of slot / holes to use a brake caliper wind back tool. (or applying some pressure while turning the piston with pliers/scredriver.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

It screws in, you can either push it back whilst rotating it with a pair of grips (carefull of the dust cover) or use a "disc brake tool"

Reply to
Duncan Wood