Slightly OT question

Does anyone have an idea of how much bottle rental is from BOC for portapak size oxygen and acetylene bottles ?

TIA

Jim

Reply to
Jim

more expensive than buying a mig welder I recon,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I just got their latest price list starting from 1.9.05 Oxygen - E size cyl - gas charge - =A38.10 excl VAT Acetylene - K size cyl - gas charge - =A321.60 excl VAT plus Rental for E size cyl - month =A34.20 - year =A333.15 Rental for K size cyl - month =A34.20 - year =A333.16 plus fixed charge for collection - =A39.95 - yep - they even charge you when you collect your own gas cylinder.

The other idea is to look at

Energas Head Office Westmorland Street Hull east yoprkshire Hu2 0HX

tel 01482 329333 email snipped-for-privacy@energas.co.uk

They have branches all over the place but perhaps not as many as BOC.

Monopoly isn't always a good thing. No competition =3D High prices.

I haven't tried Energas yet. I get my Argoshield Light from BOC

Does anyone else have any better ideas?

Good luck

Peter

Reply to
Pedro

Nice one Pedro, That's exactly what I wanted to know !

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

I've got a MIG already Steve. I just prefer gas in some (read 'most') situations.

Reply to
Jim