What car question

Folks Sorry but i just couldnt find a better newsgroup. I nearly bought a Renault laguna but did not at the last minute coz the car was advertised as 37k miles mileage and when i saw it the dashboard said

37000 exact miles !! i opted out of buying and it seems like a good decision. I have decided on a 1997 Nissan Primera 1.6 16V SLX. Can you people give me an opinion on this car pelase ? This is my first car and i want to be as careful as possible. Thanks a lot.
Reply to
WebMonkey

The message from "WebMonkey" contains these words:

What's wrong with that? An exact round number is just as likely to occur as any other number.

Reply to
Guy King

A Primera is a big lump of a car to be hauled around by a 1.6 engine, so I wouldn't bother myself. However, Primeras are very good, reliable, if a little dull. SLX trim will give you loads of toys.

You say it's your first car, so I wouldn't spend that much. My first car cost me £5k, and I crashed it. Got it repaired on the cheap, but that was luck more than anything else - a quote from Fiat was for the replacement of all the panels on the driver's side of the car. A few degrees difference in the impact with the central reservation would have written it off. Taught me a lesson - never spend more than a grand on a car!

You probably wouldn't be interested, but I have a dirt cheap MkI Primera for sale at the moment ;-)

Reply to
SteveH

Call me a paranoid bastard. If you find an advert which says 58K mileage woudlntyou expect the actual number to be 58767 or summink ? It just didnt add up to me. I did read a forum called Parkers forum and found that laguna's were not reliable.

Reply to
WebMonkey

Thanks for the reply Steve. I have seen the pictures and found that the car was a bit big. But all i want is a reliable car with a fair mileage. Thanks for your offer but somehow i feel like splashing on my first car than buying a dirt cheap.:-)

Reply to
WebMonkey

Maybe OP should have test driven it a few miles and come back in a few days time to see if the mileage had gone back to 37000? Now that would be suspicious.

Reply to
Mark W

My car was advertised on the Toyota website as having 21K on the clock. When I first saw it in the flesh, it had 19.5K on it :)

Reply to
Johnny

"Johnny" wrote

And some bastard with one hell of a crick in his neck had driven it 1500 miles in reverse!

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

lol !

Reply to
WebMonkey

Well on almost any modern largish car anything under 35K a years a fair mileage.

Reply to
DuncanWood

It would have taught me "don't crash"!!!

Reply to
PM

Only if it's a reps type car.

Reply to