What MPV?

Our Toyota Previa is getting a bit elderly and ready for replacement. The later model does not really cut it for us - we need enough weight and power to tow a 1300kg twin axle caravan. It must be a full-size MPV as we need to transport two hockey goalie bags as well as a full complement of passengers, and it must be an automatic. And we can't afford new - it will likely be about 03 reg.

Not many cars in the frame for this - C8, Espace, Grand Voyager. Any others worth considering? Anything to avoid?

Reply to
asahartz

What's a full complement of passengers? 2 hockey goalie bags fit in the back of most estates or even an A8 saloon & they're much more pleasant to drive.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Just a quick question - when did you pass your driving test?

Reply to
Conor

We do use the 7-seat capabilty often enough. My wife (it's her car) treats it like a van and it is not unusual to load it to near-roof level for car boots & the like; she likes the height, not only for the driving position, but also for hanging fancy dress on a rail in the back. So an MPV it must be. We've had them for about 8 years now and we like driving them.

Reply to
asahartz

Back in the year dot - I still have a pink paper licence! About '81 IIRC. So yes, I do have the towing group.

Reply to
asahartz

Good man. There's a lot towing out there who haven't and are unaware they need to.

Reply to
Conor

You're still a baby at it - passed my test in '67 and still running on the old green paper driving licence!

I can't say that the last 42 years have been entirely accident free though (like some would have us believe). LOL

Falco

Reply to
Falco

How about a Nissan Elgrand - examples here:

Pete Zahut

Strange things. How about parts and servicing?

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

In message , Pete Zahut writes

Hehe... Bongo Friendee?

Reply to
Clint Sharp

No, not convinced about imports either. Especially that one.

Reply to
asahartz