What's that thing on the wing mirror called?

and where do I get one?

I've seen some cars with a small convex mirror attached onto the extreme edge of the wing mirror. I'm not sure what they're called but they allow you to see cars in your blind spot. A lot of the newer cars already have these built in.

I'd like to buy a couple for the wife's car. Can anyone tell me what they are called and where I can get them from (spotty teenager in Halfords didn't have a clue). Are they difficult to affix or just suction based mirrors?

Thanks

Alex

Reply to
alexrpeters

Blind Spot Mirrors. Halfords, Road and Rally or ebay.

Reply to
Doki

Alexpeters wrote

I have a blind spot on my near side Lt. A convex mirror of about 3" diameter, bought from Halfords, is attached (by some sort of glue already supplied in situ on its back) to the Lt. end of my rear mirror. It solves the problem but I rarely use it (unless I consciously make an effort to do so), for one needs to refocus swiftly, which is unintuitive and uncomfortable, when scanning the rear mirror and then the small mirror and back to the rear mirror.

I don't fancy an external morrow; it won't stay there for long. Would you believe someone nicked the plastic valve extenders on my tyres?

Reply to
Lin Chung

ROFLMAO

Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

. It solves

I agree. I had one once but it was a PITA. Had to keep re-focusing your eyes on the smaller mirror. Took it off, (broke mirror doing it).

Reply to
Merryterry

A cyclist.

Reply to