Where to sale a Suzuki Liana?

Hi All

My mum is trying to get rid of her Suzuki Liana, but no one really knows what it is as its a pretty much un-heard of car.

We have tried 2 weeks on the autotrader to no avail... at a cost of £80 or so, which aint much help. I have put a few adds at work for her etc, but not one person has rang.

There is totally nothing wrong with the car, its only 18 months old and has

18 months still to run on the warranty.... Low millage etc etc.

I was wandering if anyone could suggest anywhere else? I know about Exchange and Mart etc, but i think the main car one is the Autotrader.

I even resorted to ringing some local garages who buy cars and was asked nicely "What the hell's one of them!?"

We are based in Kent, if thats any help!

Thanks

Karl

Reply to
KP

Just advertise it as the car from the program Top Gear that the celebrities race around in trying to wreck

millions of people must watch the program every week and they will know what it is !!

regards

Reply to
Jovan5

Not any more since Top Gear adopted it for their "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car". Must say I'd never heard of it before and don't recall seeing one on the road.

FWIW, why does she want rid? Buying a new car and selling it 18 months later is about the quickest way to throw money away short of taking up Yachting.

Reply to
Scott M

She wants rid as getting a company car and dont need it anymore. We know that there is gona be a big loss, but that cant be helped. In theory, it should encourage people as its a 18 month old car and they are getting it alot cheaper....

Ill offer it to Jodie Kidd as she got on well with it on the track!!!!

Karl

Reply to
KP

Unless you're willing to wait for a private sale for a really long time, offer it back to the dealer?

A friend recently bought a Grand Voyager from a dealer. Was offered a derisory trade-in on his Scenic so he decided to sell it privately. Had only one buyer come round - someone who immediately said "Oh, I thought it was green. And automatic" (It's a blue manual)....

Three weeks later the dealer took it in for even less than the first offer.

Reply to
Grant Mason

Thanks for the help mate.... There is nothing wrong with the car, its a good priced family car. Its not very common for a fmaily to take a trip to the tarck and race it!

Reply to
KP

You reckon?

Depends on how long you're planning on keeping it really I suppose, but the huge quantity of Focus's available on the secondhand market now, given many of the early ones out there have now been released by the big fleets, together with the minor facelift they had last year means the prices of these have tumbled in the past six months or so.

Small Japanese stuff tends to not attract as many buyers as mainstream stuff like the Focus, both new and secondhand, but because of the type of customer they appeal to, and the relatively limited supply on the secondhand market, this means they are in a bit of a niche market, and they tend to hold their money pretty well percentage wise, by comparison.

Whether I'd recommend buying one or not, is a different matter... ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH