mercedes and vodafone (uk) a technical Q

Hi

There must be someone out there that can help me with this frustrating problem.

This is a problem that occurs with late model Mercedes at least in the UK. It relates to the Mercedes pre-wired car kit that is pre-ordered with the Command (sat nav etc) system. I use a 6310i and in another car a 6230, the problem is the same with both phones.

However it only occurs when using Vodafone (unfortunately all our company phones are Vodafone)

The Command sytem is designed to basically replicate, on a dashboard screen, the screen and functions you would have with your phone, unfortunately using Vodafone it will not show up the name of the incoming caller (obviously stored in the memory of the phone). Use other service providers and it is ok. If I use my T-mobile (with same numbers stored in SIM card) and divert calls from my vodafone it still wont show incoming caller, ring directly to T-mobile and its ok.

Have tried everything that Mercedes have suggested (ie store all numbers in international format, use phone memory not just SIM, get a new SIM etc) but to no avail. The only thing that does appear to work is if you capture and then save the number when someone calls in rather than save it manually, however thats much harder than would seem. Try ringing 170 business colleagues and then asking them all to ring back !!

Mercedes in their wisdom phoned me yesterday and said that whilst they acknowledge I have a problem and they would expect it to work, they feel it is down to Vodafone and they are giving up on the problem. The strange thing is that we have one car (2003 S Class with Command) and same phone (6310i), same network (vodafone) and it works perfectly.

I realise this must seem a trivial problem but as I use my car as my office (as we all do in the business) it is very frustrating.

Despite having bought £150k worth of Merc in the past 2 years and despite this problem obviously going to affect many other Vodafone/Merc users, Mercedes cant be bothered to do anything about it. We have tried my phone in a new in the showroom Merc and the same problem occurs.

I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas or solutions, thanks very much in advance.

ah