Which 4WD for £3K ?

Looking for a reliable fuel efficient 4wd jeep any ideas?

Reply to
Skint4sure

Subaru.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Err cloud cuckoo land :-) Depends how luxurious you want but I found the Nissan pick ups not too bad.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

But why this type of car? Some people might need a tough 4WD, but I suggest that most owners don't. All they get is poor ride and handling, slow performance and high fuel consumption.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Hey, it's well known that no other sort of car is as good for the school run :-)

Reply to
Steve Burt

Landrover 90 pre 92... some good ones still out there.

JK

Reply to
JK

Some of them even do 35mpg... They're either deathly slow and efficient / moderately slow and a bit thirsty / fast and drink like a fish.

-- James

Reply to
James

You shouldn't hate 4wd school run vehicles, you should hate *any* school run vehicles.

Reply to
Simon Barr

Really? How would you propose I got my children to their school then?

Reply to
deadmail

The same way as I did when I went to school, back in time...

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Strangely they go the same way that I went to school, back in time...

Come on, why shouldn't I drive them to school? What are my alternatives?

Reply to
deadmail

Hmm. I did cycling or bus or tram. But cycling is not an option these days and busses are not always possible to find. Spose you're right then, maybe school busses, mini busses or car sharing would help.

Reply to
Johannes H Andersen

Well there's no school bus, a four mile journey along roads without footpaths, no public bus and no one near by going to the same school.

I'm always amused by the "don't drive them to school" lobby since they apparently assume that everyone can simply get a bus to wherever they need to go.

Reply to
deadmail

You and I both know that I meant the sort of people who drive small distances to drop their kids at school.

There are some kids who go to the same school as mine that are driven what must only be a quarter of a mile. No doubt there are others that are driven similarly short distances.

Reply to
Simon Barr

That's true!

I've never seen this done. Seriously. I suspect a lot of the stuff about the 'school run' is tabloid hysteria since I see plenty of Children walking to school but I've no proof of this.

Reply to
deadmail

I have. Same people who will drive hundred yards to post a letter.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Now, really! Are you seriously proposing that a Tardis is fuel efficient? Granted, it stops the little beggars from being late, but still, it's a little OTT.

I'll get me coat. :-)

Tom.

Reply to
Tom Saul

So I drive a Land Rover because I can't drive do I? Oh that makes perfect sense doesn't it?

And before you ask, no I don't *need* one and yes it does get off road.

Reply to
Simon Barr

There is isn't there? It's called the highway code.

Reply to
Simon Barr

The kids that get driven to schoop I mentioned earlier must spend more time getting strapped in the car, etc, than driving to school. I don't know how parents can do it to their kids, mine walk to school like I did when I was young.

Reply to
Simon Barr