White sludge dip stick ?

Hi,

May mates dad's vectra 00 petrol had the oil indicator on for a while, yes I know, and she started it today with blue smoke and I told het to turn it off.

Little oil checking with the dipstick but also creamy stuff around dip stick handle and around the dip stick level marks.

The oil filler cap revealed an almost dry camshaft. It took oil but still sounded ruff.

She drove 1 mile home and then there was smoke still coming out of the exhaust after she had left the car.

There was also water just below the min mark in the rad. expansion tank

My thoughts -

Head gasket gone or other water ingress via the water pump failing ?

Cheers

Nick

Reply to
Nick (Scots)

Dead engine.

Reply to
Conor

It'd be a funny water pump that could put water into the oilways of an engine. I'd say head gasket.

Reply to
Doki

Ta

Nick