why did i say yes ?

somehow i managed to get talked into setting the tappets on an escort 1.3 ohv about an h or j reg. does anyone know the inlet/exhaust settings please. i know the sequence but can`t remember what the gaps should be.. i may get out of it yet though --- if he hasnt bought a new rocker gasket i won`t be starting the job. thanks for any info.

Reply to
Tony Morland

mm....... in 0.20 ex 0.30

in......... in 0.008 ex 0.012 to 0.014 According to Haynes

do remember that the sequence is not the same as an older ohv kent engine. (because they changed the valve sequence to reduce head cracking?)

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

in 0.20mm ex 0.30mm

Reply to
PJJ

Fords used to have a different firing order than everyone else. Perhaps they changed it to the more common one?

Reply to
Dave Plowman

The _order_ is the same, they just start from the other end of the engine :-)

All my cars have been 1342, with 1 at the left hand side of the engine.

My Mondeo is 4213, but 1 is now on the _right_ side of the engine, so it still fires 1342, like they always did!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith