Wishbone

The slight clunking on my rover 45 that I was previously told is just 'taking up the slack' has now got worse. I had a quick look under the bonnet today and noticed a 1/2" crack at the top of the offside wishbone on the inner side near a big rubber block. How much will this cost to replace or even weld ?

Reply to
Ed D Ball

Forget welding, it is an MOT fail.

Reply to
SimonJ

if the crack is on the rubber bush you might get that bush separate simply press out old/press in new one

if the crack is on the metal part of the wishbone then its a new wishbone

- a local factor place is cheaper than the dealer

Reply to
ford_technical_

Buy a new one. If you can DIY (and it's not that complicated a job) price up the parts at the local motor factor but check them with the prices from a dealership.

If I were you, I'd stop driving it. If it goes completely, it'll cost you a shedload more and could end up sending you to hospital.

Reply to
Conor