1992 Miata backup lights out

Hello,

Both of my backup lights are out on my '92 Miata with about 45,000 miles on it.(stored winters in Buffalo,NY area never in snow and rarely in rain....no rust....clean underneath)

Does anyone know of a most likely area to begin investigating the cause of the problem?

Anyone it happen to them in an early Miata?

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Here

It was the switch on my '91. I had it in for a new clutch and they fixed it for me while they were at it.

Reply to
John McGaw

Thank you John,

You were right. It was the backup switch...which is located on the drivers side of the transmission. I unscrewed it and after about a dozen presses on the end of the switch it started to operate the backup lamps. I figured it was just tarnished, worked it some more, twisted the wires in reverse of how I was going to screw it back in and re-installed it. Works fine....for now anyway.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Here