Aftermarket market radio, working around "diveristy antenna"

For the moment I have a 93 MPV and it shares the same stereo as the Miata from similar era.

Both the Miata and the MPV have an automatic selecting dual-antenna system called "diversity" system and your factory unit should have two antenna connections. A female and a male connectors coming from the dash and a matching pair on the factory stereo.

I installed an Aiwa headunit that I had lying around and annoyingly, reception is noticeably inferior to factory stereo, but it doesn't surprise me as the antennas aren't put to their full potential. Some stations that were clearly flawless now have statics.

Any Miata people faced the same problem? How did you fix it?

Reply to
AC/DCdude17

None of the factory Mazda Miata radio installations use a diversity antenna system. Reduced radio reception capability from aftermarket head units in Miatas is the norm. Fix could be to replace the aftermarket head unit with a 1992 through pre-96.5 standard Mazda Miata factory radio.

Jeff Anderson Destin, FL PMS Chapter

1) I CURE THE MIATA'S BAD HEAD REST SOUND ========== re mid-96 and older ========= 2) Miata special high performance ANTENNA SPLITTER for CB use too. Don't scratch your Miata with magnetically mounted CB antennas.

Email for info: snipped-for-privacy@miata.net

Reply to
Jeff Anderson