Installing Aftermarket Power Antenna on 93 Pathfinder

Like many of you I have had it with the factory antenna on my 93 Pathfinder and decided to replace it with an aftermarket--Metra Autoworks AT-PW22. In order to mount the unit easily in the wheel well, and to keep from buying an antenna adapter) I used the old Nissan mast(Diversity Antenna). To get to the point, I located the antenna power line from the radio and when I connect it to the antenna the line drops from ~13.8V to ~2V. I tried a little test and removed the ground from the antenna and the line stays high. Further research I discovered that the radio must use the chassis for it's ground. In short, I'd like to use the antenna the way it was supposed to work but don't understand why it's not working. Can somebody please help? I have looked at the factory wiring diagrams, called highend-auto stereo installers, and even the dealer and they all seem clueless and nicely send me on my way.

Thanks in advance!

-- CoryLove

's Profile:
this thread:

CoryLove

Jim

Good suggestion, and one I have already thought of---it did not work though(sorry for not including this in the original requst for help). My guess is that it has something to do with the grounding of the stereo system as the OEM antenna only had two wires going to it which was driven from the antenna timer.

I have done alot of stereo installs but this one honestly puzzles me.

-- CoryLove

's Profile:
this thread:

CoryLove

Hello!

I tried searching for the part number you gave me on both Metra's and Circuit Cities website and came up with nothing. Can you check to make sure I have the right part number? Metra part# 44-pwfd285.

Thanks again for all your help!

-Cory

-- CoryLove

's Profile: