Another OT: Can you ID these Yakima rack accessories?

OK, probably not the most on-topic subject in a convertible newsgroup, but I am wondering if anyone has seen these before.

I was thinking ski holders, but the current ones do not look the same. These snap open and swing up on a hinge on one side.

I already asked Yakima, no help there.

Thanks!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Of course. Those are visors! Most visors block your view, which is potentially dangerous. So these visors have been provided with a transparant center to allow you to see through them.

Visors are definitely off-topic on any convertible newsgroup, so do not do it again.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

I knew that I could rely on Leon to be helpful..... ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

I'm sure those *are* ski racks.

Open the whole thing up, lay a pair of skis on each angled support and then close the tops.

Reply to
Alan Baker

I might have to take them to a garage sale or pawn shop, I do not own snow skis or know anyone here who does. We don't ski much in Austin except on the water.

Thanks, they must be an older design. Yakima no longer makes any that look like this.

I remember at least 5 of my native Texan friends going skiing. Only one came back without injuries, and 2 had broken bones. I decided that I could hurt myself just fine on my mountain bike down here. ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Maybe water ski racks? Is there a difference? I'll figure it out.

Thanks again, I'm outta here....

Pat

Reply to
pws

I think the reason they changed the design is probably related to the rise in snowboarding. If you make the design completely flat, it can fit both skis and snowboards.

Reply to
Alan Baker