Brake light

I have a '93 (auto - 95,000 mi.)The brake light will not shut off. Wondered if this is something to have checked, or could it just be a faulty switch in the emergency brake? Thanks!!

Reply to
mutineer

If you mean the brake light on the dash, the wire below the shift console may have become pinched. Instructions on removal of the console are at

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks, I'll check it out... I had the console off a couple of weeks ago to replace the window switch, so I may have pinched something...

Reply to
mutineer

or it could be a warning of impending doom, from the low-fluid warning sensor in the brake fluid reservoir at the master brake cylinder.

Pete

94BRG/tan

Reply to
Pete Breemhaar

Good point. If the brakes fail, drive into something that is cheap and strong.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks again! It was low brake fluid... I filled it up, and I'll keep a close eye on it

Andy Atwater

Reply to
mutineer

According to the bottom of

is probably a sign your brake pads may be gone. Leon

Thanks to Dave for the ref.

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen