Can someone run a Carfax report for me?

I'm looking at a 2002 with only 29,000 miles on it, in pretty good condition and at a not-too unreasonable price. VIN is JM1NB353520234402 if someone can run it for me.

And it's red too. ;-)

Iva, temporarily Miata-less

Reply to
Iva

Someone HELP please, we must rectify this problem immediately!

Good luck Iva, sounds awesome (except for the red paint ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I do not have any VIN access, but maybe it is good she has some more time to think about this.

Leon :)

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Well, that one didn't work out at all. I was going down on Friday to check the car out and maybe put a deposit on it but the owner called Thursday evening and said, basically, that she'd changed her mind.

It worked out for the best though. Today, I found a near pristine

2004 with only 14,450 miles on it and a one-owner clear carfax report. Still has a year left on the factory warranty too.

And it comes home with me on Monday!!

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

That just reminded me that a motivated seller often runs the Carfax them self to show to the buyer. I think that it is worth getting, but nice not to have to pay for yourself.

Congratulations, and get ready to fall in love with the steering wheel if you had the OEM one on the '90.

You did get the 3-spoke Nardi, no?

Pat

Reply to
pws

Well, since it was actually a (gasp) Dealer, I figured I'd run it anyway. Just in case.

Yep. And the car handles like a dream. Although the ride is a whole lot different than the '90. Guess I'll just have to take a whole lot of road trips to get used to it.

First thing is to get a roll bar, then put in the air horns I took off Belle.

No, actually the first thing will be the wash, clay, polish and wax! Got to get that whole bonding thing done first.

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

A number of dealers here in Phoenix will give a link to a Carfax report when they list the car on Cars.com or on Autotrader.com. Those who don't will often provide the report if asked.

I suspect dealers subscribe to Carfax on a much reduced price basis to help with their buying of used cars and it probably doesn't cost them much to run a copy for you.

Reply to
XS11E

What a chore!

Ahhh, another rollbar enthusiast. As much as I hear about them being designed for use with helmets only, greater chance of being injured in a rear-end than having a rollover, etc., I still really like to have one on any miata that I drive.

We will be expecting pictures.....

Enjoy!

Pat

Reply to
pws

Congrats on the new car. I'm wondering: I have a NB but have never driven any of the NA Miatas. So far do you find the ride, handling, engine, etc. to be better, worse, or just different?

Reply to
Carbon

Well, I've only driven the car once so far. On first impression, the ride is smoother than my '90 - it seemed less "raw" than the first generation. Of course, that can also be due to the tires, springs, shocks, etc. It's got more pick up but then it's also got a whole different and larger engine.

I'm picking the car up at 6 pm today. I'll get back to you after doing more, a lot more, hands-on research!

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

"Iva" wrote

But no winking. :(

-- Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red Inside the Beltway [Remove the first two digits to reply]

Reply to
Ken Lyons

My Belle had a Hard Dog M1 Sport that I really liked. I hope to never have to *use* one but I do feel a bit safer having one on the car. I'm looking at the M2 Sport if it'll fit around the factory windblock.

Pictures:

Still don't have a name for her. The president of our club, who took the shots on the 2nd and 3rd pages of the album, thinks I should call her "Star". The jury is still out on that one though.

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

I still have the wiring and the relays. They just don't do anything on this car. :(

I was seriously looking for an NA but the husband said I needed to buy a newer car than a '97. And who am I to argue with that?

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

The folks at Hard Dog can tell you. They have probably had every imaginable question asked about fitting.

Nice! I assume that this is after your treatment?

With your history of keeping a red car looking nice and glassy, I vote for "Hyaline", but it is your call. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

windblock.

I'll probably give them a call just to confirm - it looks like it should but one should never assume!

No, this is as received! I did notice after it rained this morning that there wasn't a whole lot of beading on the hood so I'll be waxing sooner rather than later.

I have to admit that I got a bit anal about keeping Belle looking good. American Heritage Dictionary - hyaline n. Physiology The uniform matrix of hyaline cartilage. Pathology A translucent product of some degenerative skin conditions. [Greek hualos, glass + -in.] adj. Resembling glass, as in translucence or transparency; glassy. n. Something that is translucent or transparent. Variant of hyalin. [Late Latin hyalinus, from Greek hualinos, of glass, from hualos, glass.]

I'm assuming you mean the glassy part rather than the other definitions!

Iva & ? 2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Very nice, congratulations :-) Nice steering-wheel too. It's on the wrong side of the car though?!

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

OOOHHH..... "We be stylin' .... " !!!!!

Reply to
Remove This

Congratulations! :) A nice safe color too, except when there are cops around.

Wait until you get to know her better.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Not on this side of the pond it isn't!

Iva & ?

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

All that chrome does take some getting used to. As does the white dial faces.

And what's really strange is that all those white faces glow red when you turn the headlights on! And the read-out on the radio says "Hello" when you first turn it on. And it glows red too.

Quite a difference from my '90.