CarMD or similar device any good?

Anyone have experience or knowledge with one of these devices?

It cost abt $90 and connect to the data port of your car and helps diagnose any problems.

My 2000 Mazda Protege check engine light keeps coming on and the dealer wants $120 JUST to hook the analyzer up to it!!

see link

me

There are a bunch of these things around and they'll all read the code stored when a fault occurred. Prices vary.

You can probably get the code read at no cost by going to Auto Zone or other parts house and asking them.

Reply to
XS11E

You could do it for around 20c. The Mazda's I've owned have diagnostics enabled by looping the TEN and GND terminals in the dianostic connector. When the ignition is turned on the engine check light will flash the codes. If it doesn't you may need to monitor across the FEN and B+ terminals with a voltmeter. An alternative to voltmeter is a LED and 1.2kohm resistor is series with one leg.

Reply to
J Brockley

Older Miatas-yes--OBD2 models - NO!

Reply to