1995 MX5 valuation (UK)

Can anyone give me a rough vavlue of a 1995 MX5. Not sure what the specific model is (maybe an S or is it iS).

It's been sat for a number of years and the owner is looking to shift it, the valuation books I have don't go back that far.

Needs some TLC (and tyres). Any ideas?

Alex.

Reply to
Alex Price

Tough call with so few details. Perhaps 3000 pounds or a little less.

Kind regards Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

Well, it's generally in good condition, though it's not moved in a few years.

I know its done 74K, the hood may need replacing are there a couple of small holes, the disks are well rusted, wheels are not great, the is a crack in the windscreen, it needs at least 2 new tyres, and I've not even tried to start it yet.

Alex.

Reply to
Alex Price

Okay - sounds like a project and not just a car. I think it needs to be a good deal cheaper then. Try and get some prices for the parts needed and use those to push the price down if needed.

Kind regards Bruno

Reply to
Bruno

I agree, I don't think it'll fetch £3000. Is the mileage in km or miles? If in km it's still got quite a few kms left to go, but obviously less so if it's in miles.

A '95 with 74k miles (I'll assume you're talking miles) on it could get anywhere between £1,500 and £3,000 I'd say depending on condition. Yours doesn't sound in particularly good nick so I'd go along with what Bruno says.

You might want to consider selling it on ebay. That way you're likely to get for it what it's worth, and this time of year is a good time to sell, what with summer coming up.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

Good luck, Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Just to clarify, it's not mine that I'm selling, it's a friends that I'm thinking of buying.

Looks interesting.

Alex.

Reply to
Alex Price

Ah, right. Might be best to take it round to a mechanic's or a car salesman to see what they value it at. Alternatively, if you're in the Cambridge area, let me know and I'll investigate, buy it off him for £5 and then sell it on to you at a *very* reasonable price ;-)

Eric

Reply to
Eric Baber

With 80,000 miles and in reasonable condition, £3000-3500 at this time of year. The 1.8iS is quite rare since it was so overpriced when new.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable