Cat Back Exhaust

My muffler has blown out. It was from a cat back job done by Midas by the previous owner three years ago. It sounds like a tough little car now but I want to replace it with something close to stock. Any recommendations on what to get? I see ANSA mufflers on Ebay for cheap and wonder if anyone has an opinion of them. Many thanks.

95bbb
Reply to
Christopher Muto

I have no experience with the complete Ansa catback system, only the bolt-on muffler. I had an Ansa for a few years. Slight surface rusting is common around the logo stamped into the chrome tip, but it's under the bumper and isn't easily noticed. The sound was deep and mellow, a little louder than stock.

I got bored with it--not loud enough--and replaced it with FM Duals. I sold the Ansa to a guy who needed a muffler badly.

For a used OEM catback, check the various miata.net sponsor vendors. Many of them save OEM take-offs from customer cars. You might score one for little more than the cost of shipping.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I've had the Borla on my '95 R for several years, and love it. Simple, direct cat-back replacement, just enough of a growl to add a bit of character. A perfect Italian (think Alfa) tone.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst