CEL = EGR valve

Hi all,

Finally took Lil' blu out of winter storge and within the first 100 miles the CEL came on. Took it to my local Mazda dealer and helplessly handed over my $70 (USD) to have the codes checked. They kept it in the shop for over an hour (I suspect only to attempt to justify the price) and told me I need a new EGR valve. Quoted price was $148 for the valve and $89 to install it. Does this price seem reasonable to any of you? Thanks,

JV

Reply to
JV

coincidently, took our 94 out of storage last weekend... just about the time she reached normal engine temp, the CEL came on. It did that for the first 3 times I drove it... and has not come on now in

3 more outings. Bought the car last June with 104,000 km on it, no CEL at all last summer in over 4000 km of driving. As I have a great distrust in auto shops in general, and dealer shops in particular, I usually don't hurry in for a 'professional' opinion.

Here's hoping the CEL stays off....

Pete Breemhaar Georgetown, Ontario

Reply to
Pete Breemhaar

Thanks for the reply Pete. Unfortunately, my 96 is due for a State inspection sticker this month and they refuse a sticker if the CEL is lit. (for whatever reason)

JV

Reply to
JV

Just took my '95 out of storage last week...

Mine shut off after I adjusted the coolant level. I didn't realize it had gotten as low as it had.

Reply to
tooloud