COLORS!

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 04:59:48 GMT, Lanny Chambers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24-ext.news.prodigy.com:

I got out my handy dandy circa 1976 calculator for that one. Speedo was reading 180 km/h.

Drop the top digit, and I was doing the speed limit.

Speed is great for getting places more quickly, but I'm reminded of a friend who was coming up from the U.S. in his M3 and got on the 401. He was late so started cruising at 200 and mmbmdfmmb km/h. About a half hour later he discovered he was going west when he wanted to be going east. Bummer. Or should that be Bimmer. We didn't wait for him.

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

Yes Dave, I think you are correct. My Red,(with the hard top on) would get a little light in the rear at about 90 +. I did a "tuff" test and then I put on a "factory" wing and ran the test again. (none of the air flows were very good!) The wing setteled the rear down completly. With the top off, it didn't do crap! The air flows are all over the place! (I do have Koni on the low setting and JR sway bars so it is solid anyhow.) A front spoiler would help, but I would hit too many things down that low.

Hee, hee, hee, I do think that it may be the drivers of RED Miatas that are more "stable" than some of the others too. :-)

(duck for cover here from the lighter color cars) :-)

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

I hope so. Sure would hate to see someone who really thinks red is a good color for a Miata become unstable.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Think of it as natural selection at work...

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Reply to
johnnya

Something probably is wrong with me since I also prefer the look of the M2 over the M1 (throwing fuel on the fire and running for cover!)

Reply to
DThorne

I used to think the M2 looked cooler. Now that I have my M1, every time I see it I think "Man, I can't believe I own such a cool looking car." Which is white, BTW. Wouldn't have been my first choice for a color, but when I had her repainted I had it done in the original color.

-- Tonyrama Crystal White '93 A

Reply to
tonyrama

Ah, Dookie....there's where I went wrong. It's a MOUTH, not a SCOOP. I stand corrected (but still white).

D>absolutely white.

Reply to
DonB

gold mica metalflake. saweet!

Reply to
dr who

The one that accentuates the body shape the most, of course, is the Crystal Blue metallic, which, BTW, *IS* faster than any other color!

Tom

Reply to
altar1