COLORS!

OK, so I'm checkin' out the new messages and there's this one with the heading "New Ideas." Of all places, I find the deal I was seeking on Toyos! Serendipity supreme!!! But, there nested among the other irrelevant-to-topic (thankfully, in my case) messages is the beginning of what's probably an ancient thread, but one I missed.

OK, here's my flame bait: The absolutely coolest colors for ANY Miata are the lighter ones. My theory: One of the main things that makes the Miata look as good as it does is that beautiful scoop in the nose. Lighter colors emphasize that scoop--I'm usually a dark color kinda guy, but my favorite colors for a Miata are yellow and white (my '91 is white). Darker colors tend to make it disappear almost altogether.

Any comments?

DonB

Reply to
DonB

A Miata is supposed to be red. Period.

:-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 17:08:54 GMT, Lanny Chambers wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@newssvr24-ext.news.prodigy.com:

I'm with Lanny on this one. The red ones go much faster anyway. Why would you want a slow one?

;-)

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

Period red. :)

Reply to
Col:

Obviously, you are a very intelligent person. Stay away from yellow, however.

In the rearview mirror. The fastest color is white because of photon drive effects.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

What 'scoop' is he talking about?

Brilliant Black is BEAUTIFUL!

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Yah, kind'a like a Red Fire Truck diseppears !

Bruce RED '91

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Ya Black is the best....

Reply to
Jogster

Heheheheh.....OK......guess I'm overwhelmed by the reds, but the black?

Hey, the hole in the front of a Miata is black. What's a black hole on a black background look like? It disappears!! Using the opposite theory, Roadrunner consistently defeated ole Wile E. Coyote by paint a BLACK hole on a WHITE rock. Worked every time! :)

WTIC......

D>Yah, kind'a like a Red Fire Truck diseppears !

Reply to
DonB

Reply to
Scott

Very slow, though. Unless they are standing still, in which case the photon absorption is not important and they are just as quick as other colors.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen
1st Miata - Red '95 (oblivious driver who cut me off + impact @ 45 mph R.I.P.) 2nd Miata - Black '99 (Bellanero)

Tried the red, but prefer the black :-)

Reply to
DThorne

absolutely white.

when i got my '99 sport in white, it wasn't my first choice...but then i didn't have a choice, so i took it. now i wouldn't have anything but.

clean, crisp, classic, and subtle. and yes, an excellent background for the gaping 'mouth'.

did i say white?

dookie '99 sport - white!

Reply to
dookie

DThorne said on 4/12/2004 20:27:

Something's wrong with you... Everybody knows that RED is the only real color ;-)

-Joe RED '99

Reply to
Joachim Feise

OK, I can't stand it anymore, I just purchased a 2004 that is "Sunlight Silver Metallic" with a black top and it is beautiful. Much easier to keep clean than Red or Black (my other two favorites). Who knew that a Miata could actually cruise at 100mph!

johnnya

Reply to
johnnya

I have that color-shifting-sometimes-green-sometimes-blue-depends-on-how-the-sun's-hitti n'-it color.

-Fred '96 green (or is it blue?)

Reply to
The Millers

Me! Me!

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

My '93 with its 11-year-old 116 HP engine cruises real nice and smooth at 100 MPH. Of course it is white, which, as physicists will all tell you, is good for a couple-three extra MPH right there. Gotta admit it starts to get a little floaty up above 105; if I spent a lot of time at that speed I'd get an air dam or lower it or something.

As far as cleaning it, since yours is brand new you might not be aware of this yet, but it's quick and easy to wash your Miata; they're so small that you're done in half the time it takes to clean an ordinary car, and a quarter the time it takes to clean a pickup truck.

Yours WDK - snipped-for-privacy@ij.net

Reply to
johnny phenothiazine

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:30:14 GMT, johnny phenothiazine wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@butterfly.net:

I don't find it floaty cruising at 112 mph. Don't ask me how I know.

Completely stock 1991, red.

Must be that red is more stable. And faster too!

:)

Reply to
Dave Null Sr.

Aw, those were Canajun mph, Dave, a.k.a. kph.

You were only going 70, eh.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers