Copper based grease?

When installing the timing belt idler, Enthusiast's manual says a glob of copper based grease on the pivot pin and the boss that the tensioner slides on. Is this necessary, and if so why (since the wheel gets locked down)? If it's necessary, will some other grease work?

Thanks.

Nick

Reply to
Nick H

I assume it's an anti-seize grease, to make the next removal easier. Any anti-seize compound should work as a substitute. The shop manual doesn't call for any lubricant at all, but I'd go with Grainger's advice.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Check your car parts store for anti-seize. Many are copper based greases. You can tell by the color.

Reply to
Alex Rodriguez