Damned Squeaks

There sounds to be a mouse convention under the front wing. I presume it's bushings. What lube will sort it out without damaging rubber?

Morien

Reply to
Morien Morgan

Front wing?

WD-40 tends to travel and lube pretty well, it's also very safe with almost any mat'l. Douse the suspected area.

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I'ts an F1 car ;-P

Reply to
TBG

"Morien Morgan" wrote

More likely the bonnet. The rubber stops can be adjusted and lithium grease applied to silence the noises.

Reply to
Ken Lyons

Silicone spray is far better for this application. WD-40 dries out quickly and leaves a gummy residue.

-John

Reply to
Generic

My '97 has a "damned squeak" that comes and goes... when it's there I hear it every time I depress the clutch pedal. Is there a bushing or something up in there that can be lubed? On trips, it goes away, comes back after sitting in the garage for a while.

Roger

Reply to
Roger Scow, Sr

Reply to
Morien Morgan

I once had an unrelenting squeak every time I just drove the car....pronounced more so on uneven pavement. Turned out to be the hood latch. By loosening the bolt and then retightening it, the squeak went away.

We found this out by driving VERY slowly with my husband jogging along hold pressure on the hood. We only had to drive a few yards and with NO cars around. Don't try this at any fast speed! ;-) ~Cissy :-)

Reply to
Expmiata

Lefty: I would have paid big money to have seen that trick. Dick must be in great shape. Righty

Reply to
Frank Sawin

Ha Ha Ha!!! Hiya Righty! :-D

~Cissy :-)

Reply to
Expmiata

I once had squeaks coming from all corners of my Miata, front end, rear end, the top, etc... it was driving me crazy! Then I lubricated the hood latch with some bearing grease and it fixed all the squeaks magically! ;-)

Try that one first... Worked for me! Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Born

LOL Daniel! :) ~Cissy :-)

Reply to