Glass Top, Zipperless

Just bought my new Miata, what a dream.

1991 Miata Classic Red B

(Did I say that right? It does have Power Windows and that makes it a "B" doesn't it?)

Well anyways my list is just starting. I bought it on the 4th of July in Florida and drove it back to South Carolina on the 4th and 5th. Wow, what a great car. I was an English Junkie through the 80's and 90's but this car out does any MGB, TR6 or Healy, period.

The only thing I had to do to the car was to replace the battery (on the 4th no less) and then buy the correct battery and charger from Westco on the

6th. What Service!

Now I plan to do mostly cosmetic upgrades to start but I have a question on the soft top. Here in SC we can get a 10 minute down pour at any time so being able to put the top up fast is important. (I don't want to put it up until it actually starts raining) So my question is, "What is the reaction to a zipperless glass window?" Does it actually make it a one step process in putting the top down? I hate to be all dressed up and have to be a contortionist trying to zip the window up before I can latch the top. I really lose the 'cool factor' if we get all wet.

A related thought, why does it make a difference whether the car has a plastic window or a glass window when it come to a tonneau cover?

And now just one final word...

Hey!

Fred Vibert

91 Red B
Reply to
SC.RR

The vinyl window is flexible, and lies completely flat. The glass backlight is curved, not flat, and takes up more room. This causes the folded top stack to sit a bit higher with a glass backlight than the vinyl one.

On my car, the factory boot fits over the replacement top with a glass window, but it's a tighter fit. A boot or a tonneau that is very tight to begin with might not fit.

TWB

Reply to
Thomas Barnes

The B models did not have Power steering or alloy wheels and did not have power windows. You do not have the B(ase) model. Look on Miata.net but I thing you may have a C model. Robert

Reply to
Slowpoke

That will teach me to speak first then look! oops Rob

90A > heading back to Base one item at a time. Anyone need power steering or an airconditioner? Or any stock intake parts from a 1990 with a K&N filter?
Reply to
Slowpoke

I don't think there was a 1991 C package. There was Base, A, B, and LE (the BRG edition)

Reply to
Matthew Russotto