Group dead?

Can someone play "Taps" over it please?
I blame Mazda, the first two versions of the Miata were more than cars, they were almost like family pets, not always well behaved but lovable!
The third generation is a MUCH better car but.. a car amd nothing more than a car. <SIGH>
The Usenet Improvement Project:
replying to XS11E, lorivanb wrote: I hope not because I have my first question: Water is leaking into the compartment below where the spare tire sits. There is NO water anywhere in the trunk, including all the junk I have in there, or on the carpet cover itself. Any ideas?
On 18.10.18 14:18, lorivanb wrote:

o the

ywhere in

er

I do not know that model, but it sounds like it could be the drains from
the roof.
All the best
    robert
On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:32:58 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

I would think so too. The model is obviously the NB, as the NC and ND do not have spare tires, and only the NB has it below the trunk. I believe the water that comes off the rear soft top area is ducted internally to holes in the bottom of the car. I think there are instructions somewhere on miata.net for how to clear those drain holes. They have some rubber one-way valves that you do not want to upset. My NC did. (And since I did not manage to clear the holes from the inside top area, I cleared them from the bottom of the car anyway, one-way valves be damned.)
Leon
On 16.10.18 20:23, XS11E wrote:

What about the fourth generation? I personally own an NC (3rd gen) and love it. I find this great.
Cheers
    robert

Don't know anything about the forth generation, lost interest after driving the NC. As I said, to me it was a really GREAT car, way better than previous generations but..... no soul? Nothing to love. A car, no more, no less. Maybe to be lovable a car needs some warts and blemishes?
The Usenet Improvement Project:
On 17.10.18 23:16, XS11E wrote:

Yeah, could be. I am known for liking cars that work. I am not so much in mechanics and repairing. :-) But then again, I generally try to get rid of attachments. But that is another story.
Regards
    robert
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:23:54 -0700, XS11E wrote:

Having owned all four generations of Miata (including two of the NB, 2nd gen, I agree that the NC, third gen, was a good car, and definitely *not* exciting. But I disagree strongly that the third generation was a *better* car. It was more reliable than my NA, first gen, but that was just because my NA had been heavily modified and seen some tough circumstances, including the dirt on the Cassiar. (And maybe just had a bad timing belt.)
My ND, 4th gen, Miata is again very nice. (Here I am ignoring the obnoxious electronics gadgets, which, though less obnoxious than other recent vintage cars I have driven, including an extremely obnoxious BMW mini, are still really, really, obnoxious.) I think the ND is quite exciting again.
Then again, I know at least one person who really likes the NC and auto-crosses it. (As did I when I had one, but only because it put me in CS rather than in BSP as my second gen grey Mazdaspeed did.)
Leon
On Tue, 16 Oct 2018 11:23:54 -0700, XS11E wrote:

I have an NA that I race. It is not street legal. There's LOTS of NAs and NBs on the track, every weekend. But most of the chatter is on web- based forums. I still have a soft spot for Usenet.
--
MarkA

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are

Site Timeline