Hawk HPS Pads

I need new front brake pad/rotors soon, but the rear is ok. Is it ok to put Hawk HPS pads on the front with OEM pads in the rear? Any downside to this combination? Many thanks.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Personally, I think it's a bad idea unless you are intentionally trying to tweak with the braking bias front to rear. In that case you might well be able to accomplish a specific goal for your specific type of driving but other than that, I'd recommend a matching set front to back or at least very similar. I thing an aggressive pad in the front with stocks in the rear could give you a poor f ~ r bias.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Thanks for your reply. I'll decide between doing all for corners with the Hawk pads or just replace the front with the OEM stuff.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

It may seem odd but I'm having better performance with less agressive brake pads. Maybe it's making up for my personal bad habits but I used to have a problem with locking up the brakes when I'd go in a bit to fast, too deep into a corner when autocrossing. I didn't fix this by coming up with a brilliant idea but because I had to change brake pads on short notice (due to procrastination :-(). I put on cheepo lifetime Autozone pads and actually did a track day that very next day! I had no problem with locking up the brakes. It's not that I can't lock them it's that it takes noticeably higher pedal pressure. I did not and have not since, had any issue with brake fade either. No warping of brake rotors if you're wondering either!

I do much better autocrossing with this set up.

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo